Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is an advanced compact camera featuring a large sensor, fast processing, and a flexible zoom lens. The 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor uses a stacked design, which couples with the DIGIC 8 image processor to realize fast autofocus performance, quick full resolution shooting up to 20 fps, and UHD 4K30p video recording. Complementing the sensor and processor is a 5x zoom lens, which covers a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range for wide-angle to short-telephoto fields of view. An f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range suits working in difficult lighting conditions as does an Optical Image Stabilizer, which compensates for the effects of camera shake. Rounding out the G5 X Mark II's design, the camera features a pop-up 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder, 180° tilting touchscreen LCD, and has both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for wirelessly connecting to a mobile device.
20.2MP 1" Stacked CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Processor
Featuring a large 20.1MP 1" stacked CMOS sensor, along with a DIGIC 8 image processor, the G5 X Mark II offers notable imaging performance characterized by high speed and low noise. The stacked sensor design, coupled with the DIGIC 8 processor, affords especially quick focusing speeds, up to 20-fps continuous shooting, a 30-fps Raw Burst mode, and UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p video recording.
5x Optical Zoom Lens
The versatile 5x optical zoom lens covers a wide-angle to short telephoto 24-120mm equivalent focal length range and features an f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture along with image stabilization to benefit handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. The fast-maximum aperture also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Pop-up electronic viewfinder features a 2.36m-dot resolution for sharp and clear eye-level viewing. The pop-up/retractable design also helps to retain a sleek overall form factor when the camera is not in use.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen offers a large means for live view monitoring, reviewing imagery, and navigating the menu. Its intuitive touch design also permits working with Touch & Drag AF for easy focus point selection. Additionally, a 180° upward tilting design suits front facing vlogging and selfie shooting needs.
- An exposure compensation dial, as well as physical control rings and control dials, lend easily accessible, direct control over various shooting settings.
- In-camera battery charging, from a power bank, outlet, or computer, is possible via the USB port.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permit wirelessly transferring images to a linked mobile device and also afford remote camera control via the Canon Camera Connect app.
Other Camera Features
- Dedicated Star Shooting modes can be used to capture photos and videos of the nighttime sky with enhanced brilliance and clarity. Star Nightscape, Star Trails, and Star Time-Lapse Movies can be recorded, with auto or manual settings, and support functions, such as Night Display, Color Adjustment, and Star Emphasis, offer greater control over the final results.
- Panorama mode lets you pan about the scene to automatically produce stitched panoramic images.