PowerShot G9 X Mark II from Canon mixes a compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities. Pairing a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 7 image processor, this combination produces clean, high-resolution image quality well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions, with extended sensitivity to ISO 12800, and also avails quick shooting performance up to 8.2 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera time-lapse movies for producing dynamic moving image content. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 3x optical zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range, and Dynamic IS benefits this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. The slim camera body also features a 3.0" touchscreen LCD for intuitive control as well as built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth for wirelessly transferring imagery and remotely controlling the camera from a mobile device.
20.1MP 1" CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Processor
A large 20.1MP 1" High-Sensitivity BSI CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor combine to create the Canon HS SYSTEM, which offers an expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 12800 and enhanced low-light performance with reduced image noise to benefit working in difficult conditions. The sensor and processor pairing also avails quick performance throughout the camera system, including an 8.2 fps continuous shooting rate, quick autofocus with subject tracking, and Full HD 1080p video recording at 60 fps, and the large sensor size contributes to rich image quality that is well-suited to printing and sharing work.
3x Optical Zoom Lens and Image Stabilization
The versatile 3x optical zoom lens covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range, and features an f/2-4.9 maximum aperture along with Intelligent IS and Dual Sensing IS image stabilization technologies to benefit handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, Dynamic IS can also be used to help stabilize videos and minimize the appearance of shake when recording while walking.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- For live view monitoring and image playback, a 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available and features a touchscreen design for intuitive settings control and menu navigation.
- Compact, pocket-sized form factor is ideal for carrying with you at all times.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly transfer images to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth pairing allows you to easily connect to smartphones or tablets to permit remote control over the camera from your device using the Canon Camera Connect app.
- The included NB-13L rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 235 shots per charge when working with the screen on, or approximately 315 shots per charge in ECO mode.
Other Camera Features
- Time-Lapse Movie functions let you record a series of stills over a set time period, then automatically merge and output the time-lapse as a video for seamless playback.
- In-camera raw conversion lets you apply a range of creative adjustments to your raw files, such as Auto Light Optimizer and Picture Style adjustments, and then export them as edited JPEGs directly from the camera.
- Picture Style effects allow you to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera while shooting; these modes include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and three User Defined settings.