The Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 is sleek and lightweight prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. By utilizing a modest f/2.8 maximum aperture, this lens is able to remain impressively sleek, making it ideal travel shooting applications. Also contributing to its versatility is a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification ratio and 4.7" minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects. An OSD stepping motor achieves fast and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the lens sports a moisture-resistant physical design along with a fluorine coating to suit working in inclement conditions.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however is also suitable for use with APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture strikes a balance between being suitable for working in available lighting conditions and realizing an impressively compact and lightweight profile.
- Three LD (Low Dispersion) elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to produce increased clarity and color fidelity.
- One molded glass aspherical element suppresses distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 4.7" to suit working at near distances.
- OSD stepping motor offers especially quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.