The Milvus 35mm f/2 ZF.2 from ZEISS utilizes the Distagon optical design, with one anomalous partial dispersion element, to produce well-controlled imagery with reduced chromatic aberrations and distortions. A floating elements system is also used to achieve consistent performance, even sharpness, and clarity throughout the focusing range. An enhanced ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to markedly reduce lens flare and ghosting for working in trying lighting conditions.
The manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens-barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture
- Wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 aperture helps to achieve a more compact, portable form factor while also remaining versatile for use in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Distagon optical concept affords high sharpness, well-corrected image quality from edge-to-edge, and very low field curvature.
- One anomalous partial dispersion element is used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 11.8" to infinity.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by focusing and depth of field scales along with hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Manual aperture ring has clicked indicators throughout aperture range. Using the included De-Click Tool, this ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it ideal for video applications.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.