AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED from Nikon covers portrait-length to medium telephoto fields of view to suit broad variety of subject types. It optical design incorporates a pair of extra-low dispersion elements, which aid in reducing chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color fidelity. A Super Integrated Coating, too, helps to achieve accurate colors by controlling flare and ghosting when working in bright and backlit conditions. The Silent Wave Motor affords fast and accurate autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus overrides. Additionally, Vibration Reduction image stabilization compensates for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 105-450mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction II image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by 2.5 stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.