The DJI Mavic Air 2 combines a foldable and portable frame with a high-end camera system. The 3-axis gimbal sports a 1/2″ CMOS sensor capable of capturing 8K Hyperlapse time-lapse shots, 4K60 video, 240 fps slow-motion 1080p video, and up to 48MP stills. In addition, photos, panoramas, and video can be captured in HDR for more dynamic results. All your footage can be saved to 8GB of internal storage and on optional SD cards up to 256GB in size.
Helping you capture all this stunning footage is a host of built-in tracking technologies and intelligent obstacle avoidance. FocusTrack combines three different tracking features with abilities that include tracking of subjects and following predetermined flight paths. The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 3.0 (APAS) is aware of the Mavic Air 2 in 3D space and its proximity to people and objects to help avoid accidental collisions. Return to Home (RTH) and precision landing options are supported so you can easily and safely retrieve the drone when you finish filming.
A robust 3500mAh battery can keep the Mavic Air 2 flying for up to 34 minutes at a time. While in the air, you can fly the drone at speeds up to 43 mph, up to 11.5 miles away, and as high as 3.11 miles. The included remote controller supports OcuSync 2.0 technology to provide you with flight telemetry data and a live view of what the drone sees on your attached smartphone. It can transmit up to 1080p quality video from up to 6.2 miles away. Altogether, the Mavic Air 2 gives you the tools you need to expand your filmmaking with creative and professional quality aerial footage.
- ActiveTrack 3.0: Follows a target while avoiding obstacles and works to reidentify targets if lost, such as when going behind a tree
- Spotlight 2.0: Fly freely while locking the camera on a subject; just tap a subject on the remote and fly
- POI 3.0: Creates an automated path to fly around a target while keeping the camera centered; works with flat surfaces and can dynamically track objects such as people, cars, and boats
Hyperlapse Time-Lapse Shots
With a single tap, you can use your Mavic Air 2 to capture stunning time-lapse shots in Hyperlapse mode, processing everything automatically without the need for post-processing. You can even simultaneously save photos in JPEG and raw on a microSD card (not included). Hyperlapse shots can be captured with four distinct modes; simply select the mode and shooting location in the DJI Fly app.
- Free: Move the Mavic Air 2 where you want with total freedom
- Circle: Lock onto a subject and the Mavic Air 2 will circle it while continuously capturing footage
- Course Lock: This locks the gimbal onto a subject, automatically turning to keep it in the frame as you fly towards and past the subject
- WayPoint: Set a specific, savable flight path (up to 5 points) in 3D space for a single time-lapse, or for multiple shots at different times to edit together later
Integrated scene recognition works with DJI’s HyperLight and HDR technologies to adjust the camera’s parameters and deliver optimal results. Scene recognition can detect five different categories: sunset, skies, grass, snow, and trees.
Capture cinematic video clips with just a few taps using predefined flight pattern modes. The Mavic Air 2 will fly a complicated aerial route and you can add music, effects, and filters using Story templates. The resulting footage can be directly shared onto various social media platforms. QuickShot modes include:
- Dronie: Locks onto a subject and flies away while filming
- Circle: Locks onto a subject and flies around it from a set distance
- Helix: Locks onto a subject and flies away and above it in a unique pattern
- Rocket: Locks onto a subject and flies above it while continuously gaining altitude
- Boomerang: Locks onto a subject and flies away from it, then back towards it after reaching a certain point, all while continuously circling it
Asteroid: Locks onto a subject and then rapidly gains altitude
Utilizing APAS 3.0 and forward, backward, and downward sensors, the Mavic Air 2 actively avoids obstacles to stay safe while in flight. An auxiliary light on the drone helps improve the sensors’ visibility.
Stay safe while in flight with AirSense technology. It utilizes an ADS-B receiver and satellite positioning to warn you of nearby aircraft.
DJI Fly App
Control the Mavic Air 2, adjust settings and functions and utilize built-in templates to capture stunning videos. It also incorporates technology from the DJI Mimo app to allow you to edit footage.
The included remote controller works with your existing smartphone to control the Mavic Air 2 and view live footage from the drone. It’s constructed with a comfortable and ergonomic grip and provides up to four hours of battery life. Integrated antennas help improve signal performance.