The AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II from Nikon is a telephoto zoom lens designed for DX-format cameras. Here are its key features and specifications:
- Telephoto zoom lens providing an 82.5-300mm equivalent focal length on DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras.
- Incorporates one extra-low dispersion (ED) element to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations, resulting in enhanced clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) applied to individual lens elements to minimize internal reflections, flare, and ghosting. This enhances contrast and color rendering, particularly in challenging lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) delivers fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance.
- Full-time manual focus override allows for manual adjustments without switching to manual focus mode.
Vibration Reduction (VR):
- Four-stop-effective VR system minimizes the appearance of camera shake, providing sharper images when shooting handheld in challenging lighting conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm creates a pleasing out-of-focus quality, beneficial for shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Retractable lens barrel design maintains a compact form factor when the lens is not in use, enhancing portability.
- Well-suited for various applications, including landscapes, sports, and portraiture, making it a versatile telephoto zoom lens.