The Nikon D780 is a versatile DSLR camera that excels in both photography and video applications. Here are its key features summarized:
Image Sensor and Processor:
- 24.5MP Full-Frame BSI CMOS Sensor: Provides high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording with reduced noise levels, suitable for various lighting conditions.
- EXPEED 6 Processor: Offers fast readout speeds and impressive low-light performance, enabling a sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-204800).
- 7 fps Continuous Shooting (Optical Viewfinder): Captures fast-moving subjects with a 7 fps continuous shooting rate. In Silent Live View mode, up to 12 fps shooting is possible in raw or JPEG.
- 51-Point Multi-CAM 3500 II AF Sensor: Utilizes 51 phase-detection points with 15 cross-type points for quick and accurate focus. Sensitivity down to -3 EV and 3D Tracking for moving subjects.
- UHD 4K Video Recording: Records UHD 4K video at 30p, 25p, or 24p using full-frame or DX crop areas. Also supports Full HD 1080p video at up to 120p for slow-motion playback.
- N-Log Gamma and HLG Settings: Integrates N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage for color grading and HLG for producing HDR content.
- Focus Peaking and Zebra Stripes: Supports manual focus control with Focus Peaking and detects over-exposed areas within the frame with Zebra Stripes.
- Electronic VR Function: Enables smooth handheld shooting during video recording.
- 10-Bit Data Output over HDMI: Provides high-quality 10-bit data output for external recording.
- 273-Point Hybrid AF System: Uses 273 phase-detection points on the sensor for fast and accurate focusing during live view and video recording. Covers approximately 90% of the imaging area.
- Eye-Detection AF: Utilizes Eye-Detection AF for precise focusing on subjects’ eyes, enhancing portrait and people photography.
- Low-Light AF: Works in low-light conditions down to -6 EV in Low-Light AF mode for stills.
- Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder: Bright viewfinder with 0.7x magnification covers 100% of the frame.
- 3.2″ Tilting Touchscreen LCD: Large 2.36m-dot LCD with touchscreen functionality for intuitive control over playback, menu navigation, and touch AF and touch shutter functions.
- Dual UHS-II SD Card Slots: Supports fast read/write speeds and offers flexible file storage options.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Enables wireless file transferring and remote camera control via the Nikon SnapBridge app.
- EN-EL15b Lithium-Ion Battery: Provides approximately 2260 shots per charge.
The Nikon D780 combines the familiarity of a DSLR with advanced features, making it suitable for photographers and videographers seeking high-quality imaging capabilities.