The Nikon D810 DSLR camera is a high-resolution option in Nikon’s lineup, offering exceptional image quality and advanced features for both still photography and video recording. Here’s a summary of its key features:
Image Sensor and Processor:
- 36.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor: Provides high-resolution images with superior sharpness and detail, thanks to the omission of an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF).
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor: Delivers fast performance, reduced noise, and improved low-light imaging throughout the ISO range.
- Native ISO Range of 64 to 12,800: Offers effective low-light performance, expandable from ISO 32 to 51,200 for versatile shooting conditions.
- Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX Autofocus Sensor: Features 51 AF points with 15 cross-type sensors for fast and precise autofocus.
- Group Area AF: Enhances subject detection and tracking, grouping 5 AF points for improved accuracy in challenging lighting conditions.
Continuous Shooting and Reduced Vibration:
- Continuous Shooting: Captures up to 5 fps in FX mode and up to 7 fps in DX mode (with MB-D12 battery grip).
- Reduced Vibration: Improved shutter/mirror box architecture and electronic front-curtain feature minimize internal vibrations for sharper images.
- Full HD 1080p Video: Records Full HD video at 60/30/24 fps, with an expanded ISO range from 64 to 12,800 (expandable to 51,200).
- Simultaneous Recording: Supports simultaneous recording to memory cards and an external recorder.
- Zebra Mode: Highlights overexposed areas on the camera monitor for precise exposure control.
- Audio Control: Built-in stereo microphone, external microphone jack, and headphone jack for comprehensive audio control.
LCD Monitor and Optical Viewfinder:
- 3.2″ LCD Monitor: High-resolution (1,229k-dot) LCD with split-screen display zoom for detailed playback and live view.
- Optical Viewfinder: Improved coatings for a brighter, more accurate view, along with an Organic EL information display.
- RAW Size S: Delivers 12-bit uncompressed Nikon NEF files for faster image transfer and post-production.
- Interval Timer/Time-Lapse Shooting: Supports exposure smoothing and captures up to 9,999 images per sequence.
- Flash and Card Slots: Built-in flash, hot shoe mount, and dual card slots (CF and SD) for versatile storage options.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Optional WT-5A Wireless Transmitter and UT-1 Communications Unit for wireless image transfer and remote camera control.
- Improved Handling: Deeper hand grip for better ergonomics and a secondary “i” button for quick access to settings.
- Durable Construction: Magnesium alloy body with extensive weather and dust sealing for durability and protection against the elements.
The Nikon D810 is designed for photographers and videographers who demand high-quality imaging and versatile features for various shooting scenarios.