E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS from Sony is a versatile 27-202.5mm equivalent zoom for APS-C-format E-mount mirrorless cameras. This well-rounded lens suits working in a variety of situations, making it an ideal zoom for travel applications, and the image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element helps to control distortion and reduce spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Image Stabilization and Autofocus
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Linear autofocus motor provides quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dedicated AF/MF switch allows for quick changing between focusing methods.
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.5′, along with a maximum magnification of 0.29x, suits working with close-up subjects.